Traffic Citations: What You Need To Know
Getting a traffic ticket is a frustrating and sometimes expensive ordeal. Many people who have received a traffic ticket often have many questions about their available options. Although traffic citations are generally civil in nature, they can have some serious effects on your driver’s license, your insurance and, ultimately, your pocketbook.
Remember, if you get a traffic ticket, do not pay the ticket until you get advice from Hatcher Law. In Florida, points are assessed when you pay a ticket. If you get a certain number of points in a certain amount of time, your driver’s license will be suspended. I am Wes Hatcher, and if you have received a traffic ticket, call me to discuss how I can help you.
Understanding The Points System
Below, you will find the point deductions for various offenses:
- 6 points:
- Leaving the scene of an accident, resulting in property damage of more than $50
- Unlawful speed, resulting in an accident
- 4 points:
- Reckless driving
- Any moving violation that results in an accident
- Passing a stopped school bus
- Unlawful speed – 16 mph or more over the lawful or posted speed
- 3 points:
- Driving during restricted hours
- Unlawful speed – 15 mph or less over lawful or posted speed
- All other moving violations (including parking on a highway outside the limits of municipalities)
- Violation of curfew
- Open container as an operator
- Child restraint violation
In one traffic stop, you could rack up so many points that you could risk losing your license. I am here to make sure that doesn’t happen. I will examine all areas of your case and provide you with the representation you deserve. Just remember that this doesn’t have to be the final result. I will do everything I can to advocate on your behalf.
For Experienced Guidance, Call Today
While traffic citations are common, many people don’t realize that they have the option to fight. Learn more about protecting your driving record by calling my office in Panama City at 850-641-8810 today. You can also fill out this online contact form, and I will be in touch with you shortly.